(No appointments necessary)
Note: For pre-printing an application or seeking additional information from the National Passport Agency, please refer to the travel.state.gov website.
WHAT TO BRING
- Yourself OR child and both parents if passport is for a child age 15 or under
- Certified birth certificate from the state where you were born
- Valid photo identification (If you don’t live in Kentucky, you will need 2 forms of ID)
- Passport photos (We can take your passport photo for an additional fee of $10.)
- A check for payment of the application fee (necessary for each application; make payable to the US Department of State)
- 35.00 (Application fee) + 10.00 (If picture is taken in office) payable to Franklin County Clerk
- Routine processing takes 6 weeks for processing and return. Cost is $110.00 for passport book age 16 and up and is valid for 10 years. For children age 15 and under, the cost is $80.00 and passport book is valid for 5 years.
- Expedited processing takes 3 weeks for processing and return. Cost is $185.89 for adult passport – 110.00 (Passport book) + 60.00 (Expedite fee) + 15.89 (Overnight return postage)) – and $155.89 for children 15 and under ($80.00 + $60.00 expedite fee + $15.89 Overnight return postage once passport is completed)
- Additional fee of 24.70 for overnight delivery to the passport facility is payable to the Franklin County Clerk’s Office.
- Postage is $9 for the first family member and $3 each additional not to exceed $18